As I’m enjoying myself in Europe, I thought I’d share this recipe with you. I’ve been making this regularly since 1992 when I first discovered it. It’s quick, tasty and straightforward to cook. It doesn’t have any vegetable content, so serve with a salad or some sautéed vegetables.
I regularly put in more than ½ a teaspoon of mixed spice and cinnamon. If you put a bit more in, the dish doesn’t suffer.
Feeds 6 people
- Chopping board
- Sharp Knife
- Large frying pan
- Wooden Spoon
- 375 grams of pasta (uncooked) (not string pasta)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of butter or oil (add a bit more if required)
- 500 grams of low-fat mince
- ½ teaspoon of mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup of tomato soup
- ½ cup water
Sauté the onions in the butter/oil, add the meat and cook until brown all over. Add the mixed spices, cinnamon, vinegar, tomato paste, tomato soup and water. Let simmer over a low heat while the pasta cooks as per the packet instructions. When the pasta is cooked stir through the meat mixture and serve.